Book Title: Basic Reading Inventory: Pre-Primer through Grade Twelve and Early Literacy Assessments
Publisher: Kendall Hunt Publishing
Author: Jerry Johns
- Basic Reading Inventory: Student Word Lists, Passages, and Early Literacy Assessments
- Intervention Strategies to Follow Informal Reading Inventory Assessment: So What Do I Do Now? (3rd Edition) (Response to Intervention)
- Improving Reading: Strategies, Resources and Common Core Connections
- Teaching Reading in Today's Elementary Schools (What’s New in Education)
- Improving Reading: Interventions, Strategies, and Resources W/ CD
- Running Records: A Self-Tutoring Guide
- Words Their Way: Word Study for Phonics, Vocabulary, and Spelling Instruction (6th Edition) (Words Their Way Series)
- Words Their Way: Word Study for Phonics, Vocabulary, and Spelling Instruction (5th Edition) (Words Their Way Series)
- Assessing and Correcting Reading and Writing Difficulties: A Student-Centered Classroom (5th Edition)
- An Observation Survey of Early Literacy Achievement, Third Edition
12th Edition Now Available!
Basic Reading Inventory provided valuable information that other district and state tests did not. Thank you for making this test available to our students!”
Dr. Linda J. Button, University of Colorado - Colorado Springs
"I use Jerry Johns’ Basic Reading Inventory because I can assess any K-12 student with the many assessments provided. It’s all contained in one book!" Dr. Jacque Hale, Assistant Principal, Pueblo Elementary School, Scottsdale, AZ
Basic Reading Inventory (BRI) is an easy-to-use, individually administered informal reading assessment. This all-in-one package includes all of the tools needed for teachers to assess, interpret, and develop responsive reading instruction for their students. The manual includes all of the information needed for administering, scoring, and interpreting the BRI. A separate student book contains all of the word lists, passages, and early literacy assessments used by students.
Basic Reading Inventory (BRI), written by Jerry L. Johns, features contributions by Laurie Elish-Piper (Presidential Teaching Professor and Literacy Clinic Director - Northern Illinois University-DeKalb) and Beth Johns (Writer and Editor - Seattle, Washington).
Includes graded word lists and passages ranging from beginning reading through grade twelve to assess oral reading.
Provides two forms of ten early literacy assessments for students at the beginning stages of reading.
Helps assess the five core components of effective reading instruction identified by the National Reading Panel.
Multiple forms permit progress monitoring and include literary and informational passages.
Grants permission for reproducing student performance booklets and summary sheets for classroom use.
Provides strategies for instructional uses of inventory results.
Contains an easy-to-use instructional interventions grid to help target student needs.
Offers eleven scenarios to help students monitor their reading.
Student Ancillary Site Includes:
Video clips demonstrating the partial administration of the inventory with a student.
Performance booklets, summary sheets, and Expert Noticing Observation Guide.
Large, annotated bibliography on research and resources related to informal reading inventories.
Answers to practice exercises for determining students’ reading levels.