Book Title: Concise Review for the Ptcb Exam, 2nd Edition
Publisher: Dog Ear Publishing, LLC
Author: Chris Ardoin
Concise Review for the PTCB Exam is a comprehensive approach to preparing for the pharmacy technician certification exam. It does not try to cover every aspect about the field of pharmacy. Rather, it targets the information that is relevant to the certification exam. The text includes drug information, test-taking strategies, examples and practice questions that will prepare a student to pass the test the first time.
• Instruction in all test areas: math, law, hospital, drug information.
• Contains strategies you MUST know to ace the exam.
• Over 750 practice questions that will familiarize you with the PTCB format and help you master the techniques taught.
• Detailed answer explanations that will help you avoid making the same mistake twice.
• Pharmacy calculations are completely worked out so that all math problems on the exam can be easily understood and solved.
• Gives unique ways to learn many of the drugs that will be on the exam.
• Includes three practice PTCB tests. All of these questions are similar to those that you will see on the actual PTCB exam.
• Covers pharmacy law and hospital information in a way that will make it easy to recall the information.
• Contains a list of the top 200 drugs with brand, generic, indication and class.
About the Authors
Brian Tuschl, Pharm. D., is the president of Tech Prep Solutions. He is an Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Clinical Sciences and Administration in the College of Pharmacy at the University of Houston and was presented with the Roche Preceptor of the Year Award in 2006. Dr. Tuschl currently serves as a member of the advisory boards of two local technical schools with pharmacy technician programs and also practices retail pharmacy in Houston, Texas.
Christopher Ardoin, BSPharm, is the co-founder of Tech Prep Solutions. He is a preceptor with the University of Houston College of Pharmacy. He is a licensed pharmacist in both Texas and Louisiana. Mr. Ardoin has over ten years of pharmacy experience in areas including hospital, compounding, and retail pharmacy.